Welcome Chidlow’s Well Estate takes its name from the Chidlow’s Well railway station which was opened in 1884 and served as a terminus and vital water supply for the Eastern Railway steam trains travelling through to Northam, York and the goldfields of Western Australia. The railway station and townsite name was changed from Chidlow’s Well to Chidlow in 1920. Cool winters and warm summer days, combined with fertile free-draining soils have traditionally resulted in successful fruit growing in this Perth hills region and more recently the production of quality wine grapes has flourished. The first vines planted were Chardonnay and Chenin Blanc in 1995 with subsequent plantings of Shiraz and Verdelho varieties. These wines are performing particularly well, winning medals in both the Perth Hills and Swan Valley wine shows.